- Freelance software development
Bilbiography: web and markup development for TEI-based
digital humanities startup project
– Dec. 2013
|Grant Street Group
- Application development in support of TaxSys web-based tax calculation,
collection, cashiering, and distribution application.
– Aug. 2013
- Configuration and development of medical record pre-processing pipelines
for web-based NLP application.
- Development and maintanance of tooling for data analysis, configuration,
and application monitoring.
- Troubleshooting of systems, application, and data for client-facing
- Review of configuration specifications, data, and other materials prior
to engineering handoff.
- Support and training of junior engineering staff.
|Software and Support
– Feb. 2012
– Oct. 2009
|Inera, Inc. (Belmont,
- Developed new application functionality to structure and semantically
enrich user content, targeting standard and custom markup
- Developed new functionality for validation and interchange of
- Configured document conversion filters within application
- Maintained and extended application user-interface code.
- Maintained and supported company technical infrastructure, including
application build system, automated test suite, issue-tracking database,
configuration management tools, and hardware.
- Delivered user-, administrator-, and developer-level training on
application framework to clients.
- Implemented editorial-style and production configurations within
- Provided technical support for installation and deployment issues.
- Provided quality assurance for editorial configurations and distributed
- Provided product prototyping, scripting, and document analysis for sales
- Represented company to existing and prospective customers at trade shows
– Oct. 2007
– Aug. 2007
|National Consumer Law
Center (Boston, MA)
- Compiled contents, edited, and provided project-management support for
- Assisted with development and production of legal manual series,
including copyediting, typescript coding, revision management,
fact-checking, and proofreading.
– Nov. 2003
Broadcast Network (Boston, MA)
- Proofread quarterly financial report documents.
– Dec. 2002
|Economic Development and
Cultural Change/UChicago Press (Chicago, IL)
- Administered article peer review process.
- Copyedited accepted manuscripts.
– Aug. 2001
- Administered manuscript submission and peer review processes for
higher-ed business math and statistics textbook list.
- Coordinated editorial–production communications and served as initial
point of contact for external editorial inquiries.
- Drafted editorial contracts, budgets, and sales-forecast
- Perl, incl. regex, OO, web frameworks, TAP, DBI, DBIx::Class
- VBA (MSOffice automation); VB6 and VB.Net (Windows system and UI
- Some: Python, Java, C
XML, Markup, and Document Technologies
- XSLT 1.0/2.0, XPath 1.0/2.0
- XSD 1.0 and XML DTD; some SGML DTD
- HTML 4 & 5, CSS 3
- JATS/NLM DTD; CrossRef Deposit schema
- Some: XQuery 1.0, XSL-FO, LaTeX
- Document analysis and data modeling
- Source control: SVN, Git, VSS
- Issue tracking: Bugzilla, Jira
- Operating systems: Linux (Debian, Ubuntu), OSX, Windows XP & 7
- Test-oriented development
Publishing Workflow and Technology
- Editorial technologies and automation
- Implementation of markup technologies
- University of Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition
- Bluebook of Legal Citation, 18th edition
- French: Ability to read and speak.
- German: Ability to read.
- Greek, Ancient: Ability to read.
- Latin: Ability to read.
|n/a, Computer Science
|University of Alabama
at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL)
- Non-degree coursework in computer science
|n/a, Classical Languages
Massachusetts, Boston (Boston, MA)
- Non-degree coursework in classical languages
|University of Chicago
- Recipient, Divinity School Fellowship
|BA, Religious Studies
|Rice University (Houston,
- KTRU (Rice Radio), assistant music director
- Pi Delta Phi inductee (French Honors Society)
- Birmingham Arts and Music Festival (2011)
- Sidewalk Film Festival (2011, 2012)
- Secret Stages Music Festival (2012)
- Birmingham Artwalk (2011, 2012)
- Music: songwriting, recording
- Woodworking: furniture making, lutherie